Thursday, January 17, 2013

Windows 8 Impressions


I'll be giving my thoughts and impressions Windows 8 as I setup my new work machine. It is a Thinkpad T530 with Windows 8 Pro and 8 GB ram Core i7 at 2.40 GHz. My comparisons are based on my previous Windows 7 Dell which was heavily loaded down with corporate IT crap. And of course my MacBook Pro (2009) which is still going strong even though baby pictures and videos have filled my 320 GB hard drive. 

System Info

First impression of the Thinkpad:
  1. This thing is fast!
  2. The keyboard is great. Different from a Mac, but probably just as good
  3. It's a 15" screen, same as the MBP, but the machine is quite a bit larger. This is not for business travel.
  4. The Port Replicator I ordered with it does a fantastic job pushing video over USB to my DVI monitor

No comments:

Post a Comment