Monday, March 14, 2011

Dear Starbucks Cashier

No, I'm not saying anything in Italian just to get a cup of coffee. You will respond to small, medium, or large or if I'm feeling especially incredulous, simply 'the middle one' or the 'cheapest one'.

Nor will I refer to you as some 'Barrista' which is clearly a made up job title.

And when I order a double espresso you respond 'double espresso', thus successfully verifying what I ordered. I'm not referring to it as some preposterous Euro-centric vowel laden warble.

2 comments:

  1. If you mean "doppio", it has the same number and same ratio (1:1) of vowels as "double."

    On the other hand, at least you're ordering a real drink and not some wiener drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When they say it sounds ridiculous. That's what makes want to punch them.

    ReplyDelete